FTK Imager Imaging Tool Reviews
FTK® Imager (Company: AccessData) is a imaging tool that allows assess to electronic evidence. FTK Imager creates copies (forensic images) of computer data without making changes to the original evidence.
With FTK Imager, you can:
- Create forensic images of local hard drives, Zip disks, CDs, and DVDs, entire folders, or individual files from various places within the media.
- Preview files and folders on local hard drives, network drives, floppy diskettes, Zip disks, CDs, and DVDs
- Preview the contents of forensic images stored on the local machine or on a network drive
- Mount an image for a read-only view that leverages Windows Explorer to see the content of the image exactly as the user saw it on the original drive.
- Export files and folders from forensic images.
- Recover files that have been deleted from the Recycle Bin.
- Create hashes of files using either of the two hash functions available in FTK Imager.
- Generate hash reports for regular files and disk images (including files inside disk images) that you can later use as a benchmark to prove the integrity of your case evidence.